At Guardian Brewing Company we work by the mantra, “Quality. Innovation. Destination.” Providing quality experiences with quality ingredients from quality people, is what we’re all about. We also strive to innovate, finding new ways to do old things, and seeking new things we’ve never tried. Finally, we are a brewery destination for West Michigan and the USA.
We strive to be open and welcoming, willing to break down barriers and encourage all types of people to join our Guardian team. Guardian is for everyone. We are more than beer! Guardian is a safe space where our team can grow and challenge one another. Quite simply, we believe that our diverse team can make the world a better place – and Guardian a better company.
Team Guardian believes in fostering an atmosphere of empowerment and where every team member can belong…bringing their full, authentic selves to work each and every day. It’s the Guardian way. Sound interesting? If so, take the next step in becoming a member of the Guardian family by checking out our open positions.
About the Position: Server-Bartender
The 24-tap taproom and restaurant provides 22 Guardian-brewed beers and two taps for guest cider options. The approximately 2,000 sq. ft. taproom will be open year-round and includes an additional 3,500 sq. ft. of outside patio seating and lawn area that will be used year-round. Guardian is a year-round restaurant with an eclectic food menu focusing on local and seasonal ingredients. Depending on the day of the week and time of year, we serve brunch, lunch, snacks, and dinner.
At Guardian Brewing Company, we believe that our taproom and restaurant plays a key part in bringing the community together by offering fantastic food options, great craft beer, educational programming, and recreational activities. Good service, timely food delivery, and preparing quality drinks are essential to the success of Guardian.
We seek honest, dependable, self-motivated team players who can multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
Server Skills Needed
- Must be customer service oriented
- Identify and maturely communicate potential issues with co-workers and management
- Maintain an upbeat, guest-first, positive attitude
- Strive to provide a professional image and demeanor
- Ability to work days, nights, weekends (including Sundays), and holidays, as required
- Previous industry experience required
- Willingness to serve multiple tables and assist other servers as needed
- Ability to take orders and enter orders into a Point-of-Sale system in timely manner
- Ability to answer questions about the beer, wine, cider, spirits, brewery, history, etc.
- Enforce all federal, state, and local regulations
- Willingness to engage taproom guests in conversation
- Follow alcohol awareness procedures for preventing intoxication and dealing with intoxicated guests
- Ensure all financial transactions are accurate
- Product knowledge and tasting is key to providing great service and sales
- Follow Covid procedures prepared by Guardian and MDHHS